Monday, May 5, 2008

My 36+ week appointment...

Things went great this morning! My weight is right on track, so that's good. Blood pressure is still perfectly normal which is also good. BGG's heart rate was perfect, her size is normal and the ultrasound showed that she is in the head-down position like she should be. :) See, she's a good baby already!

I found out that I was exposed to pink eye (conjunctivitis) yesterday, so please keep your fingers crossed that I don't get it.

My next doctor's appointment will be in two weeks and it will be the last time I'll see my doctor before I deliver. He's going on vacation for a while and while in the civilian world that would really irk me, in the military world it doesn't. I know how overworked these military folks are and how rare it is for them to get a good chunk of vacation. And everything is so last minute anyway that it's not like he's known all along that he'll be gone when I'm due. Plus there's a good chance that he's getting sent to Iraq soon, so I'm glad he will be getting some time off first!

As a post-appointment treat, my friend Kristina and I indulged in some retail therapy this afternoon. I found the perfect curtains for BGG's room which is totally not exciting news for anyone but me, the pregnant, nesting woman. I also bought BGG's "coming home" outfit! We have a Macy's here at the mall in Guam and I found a fabulous, feminine yet simple Ralph Lauren outfit. I really wanted BGG to come home in style. I know it's kind of silly and she'll likely spit up on the outfit right away anyway, but that's fine. It will make me happy.

I guess that's about it for my day!

I haven't heard from Benjamin lately but I'm sure he's doing well and is busy as usual. I'll keep you all posted. :)

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Glad everything is going well and hope you stay pink eye free-that stuff is awful!