38 weeks today! Very exciting times. I'm feeling terrific. I've been a little more tired lately than usual, but that's to be expected at this point. When I get tired, I definitely take advantage of these last couple of quiet weeks and I nap. I did have one really, really bad night recently but I think that was because of an improperly cooked turkey burger rather than the pregnancy. I obviously survived!
I just about have things ready for BGG. I'm going to finish her nursery in the next couple of days. Her clothes are washed, folded and put away. My hospital bag is almost ready. (Well, everything is gathered, I just have to actually put it all in my suitcase. I think I'm slightly superstitious that if I place the items in the suitcase, I'll go into labor.)
I have an appointment with my doctor in the morning and it will be my last with him until my post-partem check up since he's going on leave. I'm kind of curious to see what this appointment will consist of. I don't really care to have him check for dilation or effacement but I won't flat out refuse it either.
My due date is now only 14 days away! My, how quickly the time has passed. I found out I was pregnant when I was just under 4 weeks along. At first, it seemed to pass so slowly but ever since we got to Guam, it's been flying by. I'm really excited about meeting my baby but I'm still pretty scared of labor.
My mother-in-law arrives in Guam in just over 2 weeks! I am really excited to have her visit. And I'm incredibly grateful for her help and wisdom. It's such a treat to have her come and I know that Benjamin is thrilled that she'll be here with me and BGG. He just wishes he could join us!
Speaking of Benjamin, he is doing well. He's been quite busy flying and preparing for a big board he has coming up. I know I've said this before, but he's deployed with great people and I think that definitely helps make his time at sea easier. The folks back here in his squadron are absolutely fantastic as well. I couldn't ask to be surrounded by a better group of people and that's such a gift living so far from home. BGG is definitely going to have a wonderful surrogate family.
On to some more pictures from this past week:
My picture hog, jumping in the picture as usual. :)
This is my attempt at zooming him out of the picture.

This is my awesome and talented husband hard at work.

Being awesome and talented again...
Hope you all are well! Please send BGG vibes to stay put where she's at until my MIL gets in town.
2 comments:
I was just thinking about how fast this time has gone (well, easy for me to say since I'm not the pregnant one). I remember when you posted about being pregnant- even BEFORE you were pregnant! Time flies......
That's awesome - how wonderful that Ben gets to really help people. My husband is currently spending the taxpayers' money by moving into our new house and playing Halo 3. :o)
--Colleen
Post a Comment