Thursday, September 11, 2008

A growing girl and shopping Heaven...

Caroline is growing like a weed! I get comments almost every day about how long she is and how long her legs are. She's starting to look more meaty as well now. It's so wonderful to see her growing so well finally! She's definitely discovered her feet. She's been touching them and kick-kick-kicking them all around like a little Riverdancer! Last night she was kicking her little feet so furiously that I half expected her to have calfs, buns and abs of steel by the end of the session. It was a pretty amazing display.

Caroline has also started grasping things. She's been touching (tapping and patting) things for weeks now, but she has figured out how to grasp and hold things now. She likes to hold her toys a lot and will reach for things. She also tries to lean forward now, so you have to be careful when holding her. And she's started twisting her body around during diaper changes when she's mad, which has proved to be quite challenging for me! I bought some beautiful wooden butterflies that I plan to hang above her changing table to distract her. Here's hoping that works!

Benjamin is doing well. He misses me and Caroline of course, but is back in the swing of things. He'll be very busy with flying, work and preparing for a huge board he'll have in the coming months. I really, really hope that he has the time he needs to feel 100% prepared! He's a smart cookie, so as long as he has time to study, he'll be fine.

Caroline, Kristina, Julie, Tommy (Julie's newborn son and Caroline's future boyfriend) and I went to the grand opening of the awesome new BX on base. It was magnificent! I'm sure that it wouldn't be super impressive to you all in the states, but for us out here on our tiny little Island, it's fantastic! It *almost* feels like being in Target. ALMOST. It's awesome! I went crazy yesterday and bought all sorts of new toys, socks (CJ has some long feet to go with those long legs), goodies and a dog bed for Bentley. And only then, as I was about to check out did I realize that I had to get this stuff home -by foot- since we walked. We had decided to walk because we heard that for the first week or so, there would likely be no parking available (hey, it's a big deal out here to have a happening new place) and since it's only like a mile from where we live, walking made sense. Plus Julie and I are working on toning up back to our pre-pregnancy shape. Luckily we got all of our purchases home and burned off a few calories in the process. OH... and would you believe that we were there for 3 hours?! I didn't realize that much time had passed but when you suddenly have such a plethora of options here in Guam, it's like you've died and gone to shopping heaven. I've been looking for excuses to go back and could probably go every day for the rest of my time here in Guam, haha. Kristina gave me the perfect excuse to go again tomorrow so that's where I'll be. :)

Caroline, Kristina, Julie, Tommy and I are also going to a couple of family-friendly parties tomorrow, so our lives really do consist of more than just shopping at the new BX, I promise.

Well, Caroline is not pleased that I'm updating the blog instead of tending to her, so I need to go. I hope everyone is doing well and would like to wish Caroline's Aunt Anna Beth a very happy (belated at this point) birthday! We plan on calling her this weekend in Waco!

No comments: