Without the flash, so the lighting is bad, but at least she doesn't look shocked!
This is the cake we had made for Kristina's bridal luncheon yesterday. When we picked it up from the bakery, it was atrocious and totally not what we had asked for. Julie and I frantically scraped off the terrible writing on it (As a sidenote, how do you mess up writing 'I Do!'? It's not that hard of a sentence, you know? And since when is purple frosting a suitable substitute for silver?!) and re-worked it. We ran by the bakery to pick up more flowers for the top of the cake and smoothed over the frosting where we had removed the writing. Just in case you can't tell, there is a big, sparkling faux engagement ring amidst the flowers. We thought that would make a cute topper for the cake and it really was. The cake (after our total and complete makeover of it) was really cute and I hope Kristina liked it. After all of the work we put into it, it was a great relief that the darn thing actually tasted really good.
Tonight I taped a conversation that Caroline and I had and I hope you enjoy it. :) As you can see, she's getting quite talkative these days. She's such a sweetheart.
I went through Caroline's dresser today and took out all of her 0-3 month sized clothing, since she's outgrown it. It was quite bittersweet to do because it made the reality of her growing up all too real! But I needed to do it.
Tomorrow we're dropping Bentley off to be groomed. He's getting bathed, brushed and having a "pawdicure." He really needs it too... he stinks! He hasn't been bathed in months since I've obviously had some bigger fish to fry. Once he's all sparkling and clean, I'll set up his brand new dog bed. I bought it a couple of weeks ago but haven't set it up because he was so stinky and I didn't want him to stink the new bed up. He'll thank me for that tomorrow. While Mr. Bentley is getting groomed, Caroline, Kristina and I are heading to Ross for a little retail therapy.
Caroline and I are hoping to catch a flight later this week to the States. I am hoping to be able to take the same flight as Matt and Kristina so that they can help me with the baby on the plane. I don't know how good our chances of getting on the same flight are but please keep your fingers crossed for us!
That's about it from here. I hope everyone is well and hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon! Oh, and Kirsty, I'm going to just reply here to your comment! If we make it to Houston (which we hopefully will!) I would loooove to get our girls together. And as for sleeping through the night, Caroline has been doing that since around 5 weeks. I didn't do anything special, I just got really, really lucky. She usually falls asleep between 11pm and midnight and I wake her up to nurse around 2-3am. She goes back to sleep and wakes up anywhere between 8:30 and 9:30am. She'll nurse and sometimes sleep a little bit longer. If she goes back to sleep, she usually won't nap during the day but will catnap in the evening some. If she doesn't go back to sleep in the morning though, she'll nap in the afternoon and then catnap in the evening. I hope that all makes sense... and I hope Adelaide starts sleeping in longer stretches for you soon!
3 comments:
Bennet really enjoyed Caroline's video! He was talking to her!!!
Ooops I sent you an email before reading your update.
Hopefully I'll catch up with you soon!
Kirsty
Let *me* know if you make it to Houston too! Kyle and I will be there quite a bit over the next month.
Post a Comment