Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We made it!

Wow, it's crazy here!

Caroline was a perfect angel on the flight. She slept almost the whole time! She nursed a little towards the end of the flight (while we were landing actually) and was very content. I am so proud of her! Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke. We'll find out!

Benjamin had told us that he'd meet us at the baggage claim and to not move outside of the baggage claim area without him. Luckily Caroline and I don't follow direction well because we didn't see him, so we left baggage. And there was Benjamin, waiting for us and hoping that we didn't stay parked in baggage like he told us to. It was SO nice to see him! But as soon as we said hello, it was time to go running for our train! It was leaving in just a few minutes and the next one wouldn't leave for at least an hour. So off we went running and we just barely made it. After that, we went to another train station where we tried to take another train. We got onto one and then Benjamin realized it was the wrong one... right before the doors shut! So we jumped off and found the right one.

The first train was very nice and we had reserved seating. The second train was crowded with standing room only. Luckily the second train ride wasn't as long as the first one. After making it to where we needed to be, we had a 35 minute walk. It was quite the adventure but well worth the journey!!!

Caroline and Benjamin are having a great time together and Caroline has been showing off that big smile of hers. I managed to get a couple of pictures of them together and I'll post those when I get around to it!

Hope everyone is well! We are safe and SOOO happy to be with Benjamin!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I'm glad you made it okay!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a nice flight and baby-daddy (and mommy-daddy) bonding time!

Miss talking to you!

-M

Sara said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear you made it safely! I hope you have a great time!