Caroline and I made it home! She did very well on the flight home. She slept most of the way but woke up towards the end. I gave her a bottle and she was all smiles. Turns out some of those smiles were because she was having a pooplosion, on the final descent nonetheless. Lovely, huh? There was nothing I could do! I couldn't change her until we landed, so I wrapped a blanket around her to contain the leaking poo and sprinted off the plane as soon as I could. I got her cleaned up and changed before we went through immigration and customs. Between the breastmilk that had leaked on my pants from her bottle (thanks, pressure changes and ultra-expensive pressure equating bottle) and the poo on my shirt, I looked a mess. But we made it!
Caroline was in a horrible mood yesterday evening though. She was a mad little handful. I was relieved when she went down for the night and hoped today would bring a happier baby. She and I slept a full eight hours and then it was feeding time. And today was my lucky day because she wanted to lay back down after nursing, so her and I went back to sleep until 1pm. I'm not kidding. It was wonderful! And I was counting my lucky stars when I woke up to a smiley baby. Things today are MUCH better.
I miss Benjamin so much! I'm ready for this deployment to be over! I know we still have a fair amount of time to go but I hope these remaining months go by quickly. It's going to be exciting to have our little family back together again. And while I know Benjamin really enjoyed seeing us, now he knows what he's missing out on and I wonder if that makes it harder.
So little Miss Caroline put on almost a full pound while we were visiting Benjamin!!! She's just a few ounces away from moving up to the next diaper size and hopefully this size will help contain her awesome and powerful gastrointestinal system! :D
I hope all of you are doing well and I'll post a few pictures as soon as I can.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you're home safe and sound!
Post a Comment