Well, I'm still waiting for my laptop to arrive. I ordered it almost a month ago and it's taking forever to get here. Like, literally. In the meantime, I'm using my old desktop which is super slow. Plus it's so old (over 3 years, which is practically considered a fossil in my opinion) that it won't import photos from my camera. That means that uploading pictures to the blog takes a lot of work. I won't bore you with the details, but the amount of time it takes to deal with is more than I have right now, so I'm sorry about the lack of pictures. But I'll make up for it when the new laptop gets here. IF it gets here!
Caroline and Bentley interacted for the first time today! Caroline was on my lap and Bentley came over and laid his head on my knees. Normally when he does this, she totally ignores him or turns away. Today she didn't! She studied him for a few seconds and then reached out and started patting him on the head. He didn't move a muscle, just let her pat his head. She even thumped him on the eye pretty hard and he didn't flinch. She seemed to really like touching him and he let her do whatever. I got all teary-eyed at the exchange! Looks like they'll be friends after all.
Caroline seems to be growing a lot right now and she has such a sweet little personality. She's also much more mellow than she was in the beginning. She likes just sitting on my lap and looking around and is definitely in a very observant stage. I read books to her and she just loves looking at the pictures and hearing my voice. It's a lot of fun.
This morning I woke up and she was all cuddled into me with her feet propped up on my belly. I tried to move her feet off so that I could sneak out of bed but as soon as I moved them, she put them right back.
Today Kristina, Caroline and I went to the mall. I was hoping to find a cute Halloween costume for Caroline but had no luck. There were only four options available... an ugly cow, an ugly ladybug, an ugly dinosaur and the fourth option I don't remember, I just know it was ugly. So it looks like I'll have to order something online! Amidst the ugly costumes, WE looked cute though. We all were wearing pink plaid, which we didn't plan. I was wearing pink plaid shorts that I got in Tokyo, Caroline was wearing a pink plaid dress and Kristina was wearing a pink plaid top.
Caroline and I are going to attempt to make a trip to the States in a week and a half. I'm not sure if it's going to work out or not, but we're going to try! We're hoping to take advantage of free military travel, so we'll see if that works out or not. We'd love to get to see everyone back home and I'm looking for any way to make this deployment pass by quicker! Plus seeing family, eating yummy food from my favorite places in the States and getting to do some shopping sounds like Heaven!
That's about it from here... Caroline is hungry, so I need to go but we love and miss everyone! And we'll hopefully see you all soon! I'll keep you posted of course...
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment