Friday, December 19, 2008

6 Month Check-Up

Caroline June had her six month check up today and we're happy to report that she's in great health! She was called "petite but healthy and proportional." She's in the 25th percentile for weight and "tall" according to the doctor. She's apparently pretty far ahead of the curve when it comes to her motor skills. Oh, and she babbled away to the doctor. What she was saying, I have no clue, but she was obviously trying to spill some of the Geib family secrets. She was probably trying to tell the doctor about how mommy finally vacuumed the other day and now our carpet is a totally different color. Traitor.

After our appointment, I had to take Caroline to the immunization clinic for her shots. She's a bit behind because of our big trip to the States, so she got her four month shots today plus her flu shot. It was rough... two shots in each leg and one oral vaccination. She was amazing though! She cried while getting stuck (which wasn't long because the tech was super speedy) but stopped immediately afterwards. She was totally fine! I had given her baby tylenol before the appointment this morning and I don't know if that helped or not, but she's a little champ. I expected to have a sore, fussy baby on my hands today but she was a perfect angel.

Tomorrow is a big day! We are shopping for a high chair because Caroline is officially ready for solids! We're going to start her out on some rice cereal. After a few days of that (if it goes well) we'll add mushed banana baby food. I can't believe this time has finally come! I feel like she's growing up so fast, but she really does seem ready for solids. The new food will be in addition to the breastfeeding of course. The doctor recommended adding solids to her diet rather than using them to replace a meal.

Caroline and I have really been enjoying having Benjamin home! To be a family, all together under one roof, is amazing. I sure hope his next deployment is a long time away!

I hope everyone is doing well! I promise we'll post video/pictures of Caroline's first taste of solid food over the weekend. Take care!

No comments: