Sunday, December 21, 2008

Solids!

Caroline REALLY enjoyed eating her first solid food! Breastmilk rice cereal is apparently fabulous. Who knew?! She woofed it down and even got impatient in between bites. Here are the pictures:







Deeeelicious!


And as promised, video of the whole thing. Benjamin taped me feeding her the first bites and I taped him feeding her the last ones.







In other news, I had some surgery that turned out to be a little more involved than I thought it would be! I had the surgery this morning and I'm resting comfortably at home now. I was in a lot of pain, but my pain killers have kicked in and I'm doing a lot better. It's going to be a bit of a rough recovery and I have a catheter (yuck and ow!) in place until next week but I'm glad the actual surgery is behind me. Nothing in this world beats coming out of surgery and having a beautiful, smiling, bright eyed baby to cheer you up! And a fantastic husband who is the world's best nurse!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addy loved watching caroline in those videos! she was so quite and intrigued with the baby on the screen.
Carolines faces and noised between spoonfuls was hilarious!
I hope you feel better soon.
Take care.
Kirsty

mestreen said...

Glad to hear that your surgery went well and hope you're feeling well soon!