Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas today! Having Benjamin home was all the gift Caroline, Bentley and I asked Santa for and I guess we were all really good this year.

Caroline decided to wake us up at 6:30am but went back to sleep in bed with us for a couple of hours, which was nice. Gift #2 if you will. Once we woke up, it was time for presents!


Caroline enjoyed unwrapping her first Christmas gift. Check out the video below!


Still working on it. Check out those eyelashes!


Mommy (with messy hair and no make up, yikes!) and Caroline.


Benjamin & Bentley





We hope everyone out there had as great of a day as we did! :)

I insisted on going yesterday and having my catheter removed. My surgeon originally wanted me to keep it for an additional week but I talked him into taking it out early. My recovery has improved GREATLY since then! I feel just fine at the surgical site and am not even taking Motrin anymore. (Long story short... I was prescribed percocet but got the okay to switch to just Motrin the day after surgery because I despise pain medication!) I notice that I have to move a tad bit slower while I'm healing, but that's all. I'm relieved to finally have this surgery behind me! I guess I've more or less not been very forthcoming with what the surgery was for. Basically, I had a mass growing in my abdomen. It was scheduled to be removed but then I got pregnant with Caroline. (See how long this has been going on?!) My doctors don't think it's cancerous, but they did send it off to pathology to be tested.

The operation itself was pretty neat. Since I'm breastfeeding, my anesthesiologist felt the safest method of anesthetizing me was to give me spinal anesthesia (similar to an epidural really), so I got to be awake for the whole thing. The spinal was a bit odd though... right after administering it, I started hearing a loud noise and lost consciousness. I came too and remember thinking "Oh good, surgery must be over now." No such luck! They made sure I was okay and then draped a surgical curtain over me so that I couldn't see exactly what they were doing. I could still hear what they were saying though, which was nice. They let me pick out the music to play in the operating room also.

Anyway, after an hour and a half, they were all done. I was sent to recovery and soon reunited with my smiling baby and husband. I'll keep you all posted on what those pathology results were but we don't have a reason to suspect any bad news.

In other news, Caroline is doing very well on her solids! She's definitely ready. She loves her cereal and after several successful feedings, we're moving on to organic mashed bananas. I have a feeling she's going to really enjoy those bananas!

No comments: