Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Almost-New Year!

Here in Guam we have just over an hour until midnight. Guam is where America's new year officially begins!

Caroline spent the last day of the year getting tested for food allergies... finally. Can you believe that? 6 months after I began noticing problems and they just now decided to test her? Better late than never I guess. They also prescribed a couple of Epi-pen Auto Injectors (to prevent anaphylaxis) due to Caroline's nut allergies. It's basically something that looks like a Sharpie marker... you take the cap off of one end and inject a meaty thigh with the other end. The shot is of epinephrine. Caroline obviously doesn't react well when I eat nuts, so if she were to ingest them somehow, her reaction could be much worse, which is why having this pen is crucial. I'm to carry one in the diaper bag always as well as have a backup in the medicine cabinet. The Epi-pen can be a life saver and will now be our best friend!

Anyway, in AWESOME news, Benjamin passed his HAC board and is now an Aircraft Commander instead of a co-pilot! I am so proud of him! And I know this is a huge weight off of his shoulders. He's so awesome! :) Caroline and I bought him a PlayStation 3 and a couple of games to congratulate him. He has been such a spoiled man lately with the new huge TV, Bose surround sound system and now Blu Ray player/PSP3. He's worked so hard though. He is very deserving! Anyway, I'm sure our long holiday weekend will be spent watching Benjamin play his new games.

In not so awesome news, we won't be coming home this month like we originally planned. We're very sorry! But it just worked out that Benjamin's squadron really needed him around right now, so we're hoping to make the big trip back home in march instead. That's not that far away! We'll keep you posted!

Happy New Year, everyone! Although we spent most of 2008 apart as a family, we have so many wonderful memories from this year... our move to Guam, the birth of our beautiful daughter, great friendships, a great homecoming. We hope next year brings more memorable moments to cherish for us and all of you!

No comments: