Tuesday, January 6, 2009

7 months old!

Wow, I can't believe Caroline June is 7 months now! She's such a delight. She's getting close to "real" crawling now as I've been catching her pushing her butt up in the air. She is a fast little creeper too! She manages to move from point A to point B rapidly. So far, point B is usually Bentley's back legs but sometimes it's mommy's legs. She definitely does not like it when I leave the room though! She complains every time and starts trying to follow me.

We are now giving Caroline solids every night. She gets half of a jar of organic mashed bananas with about an ounce of breastmilk mixed in. (I use a breastpump every night before I go to sleep so that we always have extra breastmilk on hand.) Then we use organic brown rice cereal to thicken it up a bit. She is a huge fan! I think I'm going to give her some sweet potato baby food soon because I've heard that most babies really like that. We start new foods very cautiously though given Caroline's food allergies. We always have an Epipen on hand (at home and in the diaper bag) just in case she reacts really badly to something she's eaten. Or in the case that she magically got a hold of some sort of nut.

Solids have definitely changed Caroline's... um... how should I say this? Output?! We went from that blissful breastfed baby poo (which was still smelly, but not terribly so) to some green swamp sludge that smells to high heaven. LOVELY! She's a happy girl though, so it's worth the 'changes.' Makes me think back to when she was a newborn and Benjamin changed her first poopy diaper. I remember him physically gagging! I was kind of afraid that he wouldn't handle Caroline's new 'change' well but he's doing a great job. I suspect he's learned how to hold his breath for a couple of minutes in a row though.

Kristina and I had quite the adventure today. We went shopping for fabric here in Guam, which turned out to be a disaster. Unless we want fabric that A)belongs in a retirement home somewhere or B)Has an island theme, we are out of luck. The fabric store we looked in today had some dresses for sale and would you believe they had shoulderpads? And not just normal shoulder pads, but pillow like ones! Dynasty-esque! It was like an ugly dress graveyard full of shoulderpads, sequins and lace. Yikes. Kristina and I joked about wearing a couple of the dresses to the next Navy ball but realized we don't have enough hairspray on the island to pull off the hairstyles those dresses require! Oh well!

No entry would be complete without pictures of Miss Caroline!

Attacking "Dada" with hugs!

The attack is heavily underway here with a tightening grip on "Dada's" cheek and mouth...

Kissing "Dada."

Completing the attack with dad's face still scrunched in horror!

Throwing herself backwards to make sure mommy is watching!






Such a ham!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh she is just too funny!! I forgot to talk to my doctor and find out if I'm ok to fly. So I'll do it at my next appt. Hopefully we can come visit you guys soon!!