Friday, January 2, 2009

Talking and scooting!

Caroline is so much fun right now. She's become very mobile (as I've mentioned before) and is able to scoot wherever she wants to be in the room. This means that Bentley has a stalker, which he seems secretly thrilled by. This also means that we need to get our carpets cleaned! We'll be working on that next weekend. I know, the fun never ends. Anyway, because of the new scooting action, we've started having Caroline wear the Baby Legs I bought her in Texas to prevent her from getting carpet burn. The Baby Legs make Caroline look like she's stuck in the 1980's and will start flashdancing any second, but I don't care. She looks so darn cute and carpet-burn free.

Caroline has also started saying "Dada." She doesn't associate a meaning with it yet... it's purely baby babble (which I have to tell Benjamin over and over again so as to keep him from getting a big head, haha) but it's very cute. Sometimes she'll say "DADADADADADA" and sometimes it's just a clear and simple "Dada." How fitting, huh? Mama does all the work and then Dada comes home and gets the first shout out. ;)

Right now we're listening to Ray Lamontagne, who is one of my very favorite artists. Definitely in my top 3. Trouble was always my favorite CD of his. It's just so calming and beautiful. So much so, that during my labor, I listened to this CD on repeat. It got me through some rough patches and now whenever I hear it, I love it even more because it makes me think of my Sweet Caroline.

Anyway, here are some videos of our baby girl that I took this morning:

This video is of Caroline smiling and saying "DADA" and "DADADADA" this morning. Please excuse the Amy Winehouse music in the background.



This video is of Caroline scooting across the floor. She doesn't go all that far at all in this video, so it's not a very good representation of her abilities, but you'll get the idea at least.

No comments: