Caroline reached a new milestone today -- sitting up! She can go from a full back-laying position to sitting up. Quite impressive! She's close to being able to sit unassisted but still not completely there. Her doctor said that being petite makes it harder for a baby to sit because they have to learn to actually balance whereas if she were a chunkster, her weight would anchor her. She can do a three-point sit and has been doing that for months, but not a full-on upright sit. However, with her new pulling-up-to-a-sit skills, she'll be sitting by herself in no time!We switched her back to bananas tonight and she was very happy with that decision. She gobbled down a whole bowl full of banana/breastmilk/brown rice goodness. We'll try pureed apples soon and see what she thinks of that.
Bentley's been exhausted lately with Caroline's mobility. His legs are prime targets for her little arms. One funny thing is that only Bentley can get rolling laughter from Caroline. She'll giggle at Benjamin and me but only the dog being goofy (like chasing her or chasing a flyswatter) REALLY gets her screaming and laughing.
Speaking of Bentley, that reminds me of a story from the other day. Caroline and I went into the laundry room and there was laundry ALL OVER the floor. I was a little perturbed at Benjamin because I figured he must have dumped the laundry out searching for something of his and not put it back. I just wrote it off as him being in a hurry and didn't think about it again until I went walking with Kristina later. But I did tell Kristina about how messy my husband had decided to be and that I left the mess for him to clean up when he got home. (Although that was REALLY hard for me to do because I absolutely hate looking at a mess.) When Kristina and I finished our walk, I was so relieved that Benjamin was going to be home soon! I walked in the door and the mess was even BIGGER! It had somehow multiplied drastically with even MORE laundry out on the floor. Since I knew Benjamin hadn't been home, the culprit was obviously Bentley! He must have thought our laundry would make perfect bedding. Lesson learned -- do laundry more frequently so that the dog doesn't get such good ideas. Oh, and make sure to put him in his kennel when I leave the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment