Friday, June 20, 2008

2 Week Update!

We took Caroline June in for a quick weigh-in at the mother-baby unit today. They were happy to see her and commented right away that it looked like she had grown. At 2 weeks, she should be back up to her birthweight, so we were hoping she would be. But with my milk supply taking several days after her birth to come in, we weren't sure! Well, little miss Caroline weighed in at a healthy 8lbs, 8oz... 1 oz more than her birthweight! That means she's gained 8oz this past week which is fantastic.

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Judy yesterday. It was definitely a hard day for me! I kept tearing up the whole day and broke down in tears a couple of times. Caroline and I will miss Judy very much! :( It was such a gift to have Judy here. She was a pillar of strength for me when I needed that most during labor and she was a life-saver when it came to helping with the baby these past 2 weeks. I'm getting all teary typing this!

To make matters worse, we only have one more day left with Benjamin before he returns to his deployment. It's going to be a bit lonely around here for Caroline and I! Hopefully we'll establish a routine of some sort to make life a bit easier. And hopefully I won't be so busy that I can't keep the blog up to date!

No comments: