Surprise! Look who the Navy brought home for this very special time!!! :) I'm obviously ecstatic and thrilled... and still shocked. I couldn't be happier and I don't think Benjamin or Bentley could be either.
When Benjamin first got home, Bentley didn't know what to think. He wouldn't approach him at first and completely kept his distance. (I think he was trying to make Benjamin feel bad, like "How could you leave me for so long, dad?") Then he couldn't hold back anymore and just went nuts. I don't think he calmed down for a while afterwards! He's still on cloud 9, just like me.
We don't know how much time Benjamin has here before he has to return to the deployment, but we're hoping BGG comes soon so that he gets a chance to meet her and get to know her a little bit.
Speaking of BGG, she is apparently quite comfortable in the womb. My next appointment is tomorrow morning and they'll be checking to see if I've dilated. Let's hope that I have! I will be crushed if I've made no progress. If I have made progress, then they'll strip my membranes and hopefully that will help get things moving. But if I haven't made progress, we'll go ahead and schedule my induction and likely for as soon as reasonably possible.
I'll definitely post an update on the blog tomorrow unless BGG makes an appearance, which I don't foresee. My mother-in-law, Judy, will arrive in Guam on Tuesday evening and we're so excited to have her here for all of this. What a great time this is... Benjamin got home, Judy's coming to visit and hopefully BGG will join the party soon!
5 comments:
Oh my God! I can't believe he's there with you! What a wonderful surprise- makes me want to cry! Congratulations and let's hope BGG comes quick!!!!
Congratulations!! You must be so excited about BGG coming soon. :)
YEA!!! Hi Ben! Glad you could make it home! What a great surprise for you all! I hope she comes soon!
YAAAAAY!!!!! Ya'll look SO adorable together! I'm so happy for you! When I first saw the pic I thought "there's no way! That must be an old pic!" Then I scrolled down and saw that you were 40 weeks and obviously he was there!
I'm SO GLAD Ben was able to come home! They let Matt come home from deployment when MJ was going to be born, too, thank God. I'm thinking of you guys - good luck, and keep us posted!!
Post a Comment