Not feeling so swift this morning was apparently not a sign of anything. By the time I got to my doctor's appointment, I was already feeling a lot better. I had to wait an hour to be seen which was kind of frustrating but oh well.
The doctor I had this time was fantastic. I'll definitely stick with her for the rest of these pregnancy check ups! And she had small fingers... thank goodness. You really come to appreciate that fact when getting frequent cervical checks!
Unfortunately, I still haven't dilated. Not at all. So once again, they were not able to strip my membranes. And since I'm not dilated AT ALL, I'm not a good candidate for an induction at this point. When you are induced without a favorable cervix, your odds of getting a c-section increase dramatically. So I will be holding off in the hopes of dilating on my own.
My next appointment is at 7:30am thursday morning. I'll also be seen next monday as well. At each of those appointments, the doctor will check for dilation and try to "annoy" my cervix. Hopefully the frequent exams will help my cervix decide to cooperate. Also, the doctor is tentatively scheduling an induction for next week just in case I make no progress on my own. Although my odds of having a c-section will be higher should I not dilate by next week, BGG's health could theoretically be at risk by that point, so it's a chance I'll have to take. Her health is way more important to me than avoiding a c-section.
I will be walking my hind end off these next few days in hopes of forcing my cervix to dilate!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you walk yourself into labor!
Aww, hope you dilate soon honey! I'll have to tell you the story of my SIL who was 43.5 weeks pregnant, was adamantly opposed to an induction. Wish she had been more like you and open to an induction. I was 1-2cm dilated when I was induced with Jax. I delivered him naturally. Email me and let me give you some possible advice (I've had 2 inductions, both very different).
Post a Comment