Benjamin has officially returned to his deployment, so now it's just me, Caroline & Bentley. Saying goodbye to Benjamin this morning was definitely among the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Last time I said goodbye, it was hard, but this time I had a 2 week old infant in my care and so in addition to it being hard to let him go, it was also sort of terrifying! Don't get me wrong... I know how fortunate I am to have an awesome little baby girl. But doing the single-parent thing is very overwhelming.
I'm hoping that with time, this whole parenting thing falls into place for me. I want to be the best mom possible to Caroline June. And as excited as I am to watch her grow, I hope time passes quickly so that her daddy can come home and we can be together as a family again.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't you mean four?! What about little Jill? :) I know it was rough saying goodbye once again, but I'm sure the joy of having him at the birth was worth the sadness, right?
I can only imagine your sadness of Ben's departure and at the same time joy of your new baby. I know that's an empty and full feeling all at once... But I can't imagine a luckier little girl, Crystal.
Lots of love,
Mandy
I've been thinking of your family this weekend. Hope you all settle into a routine quickly and that you can get some rest. :)
Nicole
I can't even imagine doing it alone - you're my hero! I know you'll be just fabulous with little Caroline all by your onesies (savvy? LOL). Hang in there - we're thinking of you!
I know you'll do great! If you need to talk, I'm always here! Love you! Hugs to all of you! (even Bentley!)
Post a Comment