Caroline and I have had a pretty lazy day. It's been raining almost non-stop here in Guam lately, which is perfect weather to be lazy in. My sweet little baby has been letting me get enough sleep to stay perfectly sane AND take care of us. While taking care of Caroline on my own is a lot of work, it has its rewards too! I definitely realize how lucky I am. Although if we choose to have another child, we will definitely plan for that one to arrive during Benjamin's shore tour!

This is Caroline napping with mommy. In mommy's bed. I know, that's a bad habit for me to have started but it gets me extra sleep and so it's worth it. I have a feeling that when I transition Caroline to her crib in a couple of months, she's going to have none of it. She'll be like "You're taking me from a Tempurpedic to this awful infant mattress? I don't think so! I wasn't born yesterday!"
Here we are cuddling and watching TV. Well, I am watching TV. Caroline is snoozing.
Caroline and I relaxing again. I looked down and saw our feet... like mother, like daughter? :)
Today Caroline got a bath. She was starting to get a little smelly around her neck area. Bless her little heart, it's not her fault, but those little fat rolls on her neck get a bit ripe after a few days. It's hard to reach in between all of those little folds too because it makes her really mad. Anyway, after her bath, I wrapped her up in her duck towel and took this picture. That little white thing on her lip is a nursing blister that is coming off.
Getting clean is exhausting for Caroline. She needed to relax for a bit. Now she's letting me know that she is done relaxing though, so I need to finish this entry!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, she's so cute! I love the picture of your feet!! We've got a pic like that of Tim and Bennet sitting together, and both have one arm behind their head!
~Sara
p.s. It's SO not a bad habit to co-sleep!! It's REALLY healthy for mommy's and babies! Bennet still sleeps in our room!!
She's gorgeous, just like her momma! I'm glad you're getting some sleep and are doing such a stellar job! I never had any doubts, but I'm glad that you're seeing it too! Snuggle her for me!!
It sounds to me like you're doing a FABULOUS job - sans husband, too! As for cosleeping..... "they" all say it's important for children to sleep in their own beds. But coming from someone who's own child isn't a great sleeper, you do what you have to do! MJ STILL doesn't sleep through the night (at least he only wakes up once), and I take him in bed with me in the mornings for a little extra shuteye. And he's perfectly fine - so "they" can just shut it! ;o)
She is perfect! And I agree with the other co-sleeping comments. Kyle and I started co-sleeping while Phillip was deployed. I kept saying I'd have him in the crib before Phillip got home but kept coming up with excuses not too. In the end, I realized I just liked having him there too much! And it makes breastfeeding so much easier!
Post a Comment