Monday, June 9, 2008

Quick update!

Things here are going well! Sweet Caroline June is a great baby and we're all really enjoying her. She's still very much a newborn and I'm sure the bags under our eyes reflect that. But she's doing very well besides having a hoarse voice.

If you're one of those people who doesn't like TMI, I suggest you look away right about now. But for those who aren't, my milk has finally come in! I can't tell you how frustrating it was to try to nurse with no milk, but we definitely do not have that problem anymore and Caroline June is one happy little baby now.

Benjamin and Judy have both been absolutely fantastic with her. I couldn't have asked for a better husband or mother-in-law. I get really emotional when I picture next week and both of them leaving... I don't know how I'm going to do this all on my own! But for now I'm loving the help and the company.

As for me, I'm healing quite well. I don't think I mentioned this before (and again, you TMI people might want to look away) but I got a third degree tear when I delivered Caroline. The doctor initially thought it was a fourth degree tear along with a cervical tear, but thank goodness it wasn't. As a sidenote, I lost a lot of blood during delivery as well. The doctor told me that he knew I lost a lot, but even he didn't realize the extent of it. Luckily, I didn't have to have a transfusion, but I am on iron supplements to help get things back to normal. Anyway, even healing from a third degree tear with lots of stitches, I am doing really, really well. I'm surprised at how good I feel just four days later. The first couple of days I was really sore, but as of now, I'm quite impressed with the healing process.

I know some of you were curious about the meaning behind the middle name June. Well, June has always been a very special month for Benjamin and I. We're quite sentimental and June is the month that Benjamin first told me he loved me (and I of course said it back!) and that he knew he wanted to marry me and spend the rest of his life with me. It was only fitting that Caroline, the result of those declarations made that June, was born in June. Now June is a month that celebrates our love for eachother in every way and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a permanent reminder of that in Caroline's name. So that's why we picked Caroline June.


Sweet Caroline cuddling with her Grandma Judy.



Asleep with daddy... he's been a trooper with this whole sleep deprivation thing.


Here's a shot of Caroline June's hair. You can't really tell how long it is in the picture, but it's long enough to stick out over the collar of her outfit. I'd say it's about an inch to an inch and a half long.

The sleep deprivation is finally starting to wear Bentley out...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy things are settling in with Little Miss Caroline. She's absolutely precious! Congratulations again.

Sara said...

Glad you are all doing so well! I wish I could be out there sooner to help you out though!!

p.s. LOVING her name! ;)

Anonymous said...

She's precious! And I'm so proud of you!! You did such a great job and still are!!!

And I'm requesting Caroline and Mommy pictures when you get a chance, please.

Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Ben and Crystal,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It is surreal to see pictures of Ben holding his daughter... It's almost just as surreal to think that Judy and Harry are now grandparents... It seems like we were just the little ones and they were the young parents.

Ben, you are going to be an AMAZING dad... Caroline June is so blessed to have you as her "Daddy". You are a great man, and i'm so excited for your family. On a side note, i miss you and hope everything is going well.

Crystal, i don't know you well, but i can tell that you are going to be a wonderful mom... I hope that you find rest, peace, and strength during your long nights with Caroline June. Thank you for being a good wife to my friend and for taking care of the baby while he is serving a good cause.

Caroline June, welcome to the World!!!!! :) It's a great place, and I know you're going to have an AMAZING journey. I can't wait to meet you.

I love you all and hope this message finds you in a blessed hour.

Much Love,
Jonathan

P.S. Ben, Nathan and his band are playing at Camp Tejas this week... that magic Summer (1995) was thirteen years ago!

mestreen said...

Love the explanation of her middle name. I'm glad you hear you're healing well- you're such a trooper! You'll do just fine on your own but remember to take care of yourself too! I wish I could come and help you!